Thursday 2 June 2011

Explain and clarify a situation

Pau: Hi Pau*. How was your weekend?
Pau*: Not bad, thanks. Why do you ask?
Pau: Because you told me that you were staying in on Saturday night, but I heard that you were at a party.
Pau*: Who told you that?
Pau: Grace said that she'd seen you. How come you didn't tell me about it?
Pau*: Cause I was only there for an hour. My dad asked me to take my sister. I chatted to Paul for a while and then I left.
Pau: Are you telling me the truth, Pau*?
Pau*: Honestly, it's true! If you don't belive me, you can ask Grace.
Pau: OK, OK. I belive you. Sorry, Pau.
Pau*: That's OK.

KEY PHRASES
Why do you ask?
You told me that..., but heard that...
How come you didn't tell me?
Honestly, it's true!
If you don't believe me, you can...
That's OK.


No comments:

Post a Comment