Tuesday 31 May 2011

Console and encourage

Pau: Hey, Pau*, you look a bit down. What's the matter?
Pau*: Oh, I've just heard that my best friend's father has got a job in USA, and she's moving away.
Pau: Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. It isn't the end of the world though.
Pau*: I know, but I'm really going to miss her.
Pau: don't take it too badly- at least you can visit her on summer holidays. USA is really cool.
Pau*: That's true, I suppose.
Pau: Look at it this way- if he's father hadn't got the job there maybe she will be disappointed with him...
Pau*: Yeah, maybe you're right.
Pau: Cheer up! Com on- let's go to a café or something.
Pau*: OK. Thanks, Pau. I feel a bit better now.

KEY PHRASES
you look a bit down.
It isn't the end of the world.
Don't take it too badly.
At least...
Look at it this way...
Cheer up!

No comments:

Post a Comment